this one is for my wonderful family & friends who have asked about sending letters. based on my research this is kind of a pain in the ass. but! if you decide to go ahead & do it please write your return address on the envelope & i will send you a letter or postcard back!
a couple notes:
- i’ll have to ask for all of our mail, so please let me know if there’s something i should be expecting!
- the ETAs on the following maildrop list are estimates. i may be there a week (or more!) earlier or later
- always use USPS Priority Mail if you are sending a box (some locations may be inaccessible by UPS and other carriers)
- never use USPS Standard Post. word on the street is that Standard Post is a literal vortex
- letters can be sent via USPS First Class
- use the addresses exactly as shown on the following maildrop list
- write “Hold for PCT Hiker. ETA: MM/DD/YY” on every package or letter
- make your box or envelope box unique with stickers or colorful tape so i can quickly help identify it
please address all boxes and letters like this:
PCT Hiker, ETA: MM/DD/YY
Town, State Zip Code
please remember that i’ll end up carrying whatever you send me on my back. i am very excited about letters but please don’t bother sending non-consumable things ❤
belong are my already designated maildrop locations. please use only these locations as i am already planning on stopping at these post offices for other essentials.
please use the addresses exactly as shown here!
i will update ETAs as i go… until then **all dates are conservative estimates**
Warner Springs, CA
PCT Hiker, ETA: 04/16/17
Warner Springs, CA 92036
Kennedy Meadows, CA
PCT Hiker, ETA: 06/01/17
c/o Kennedy Meadows General Store
96740 Beach Meadow Road
Inyokern, CA 93527
Burney Falls State Park, CA
PCT Hiker, ETA: 07/25/17
c/o Burney Park Camp Store
McArthur Burney Falls State Park
24900 State Highway 89
Burney, CA 96013
shout out to Yogi and her PCT Handbook for the mail plan advice / also literally everything